ParkPeople is a really great site that provides a lot of help with creating great parks in Toronto. To register a friends-of group, find out how to form one, or for ideas on how to take more ownership of city parks, you can visit parkpeople.ca.
- For news on East Lynn Park, visit decadiaries.wordpress.com.
- For the Friends of the Beach Parks, see facebook.com/FriendsOfTheBeachParks.
- Norwood Park Residents Association can be found at norwoodpark.ca.
Here is a list for some other really interesting ‘Park’ groups in Toronto. Lots of great ideas, projects and events!
- Moncur Park (Coxwell & Gerrard/Dundas) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-Of-Moncur-Park/156260187778482
- Dieppe Park (Cosburne Ave. east of Greenwood) http://myurbanfabric.wordpress.com/
- Rail Garden (community garden group near Monarch Park). See events at http://www.therailgarden.com/
- Withrow Park (Pape & Danforth) http://www.withrowpark.ca/wiki/wiki.php
- Trinity Bellwoods (Queen St. between Bathrust/Ossington) http://www.trinitybellwoods.ca/
- West Toronto Railpath (Dundas St between Dupont & Queen) http://railpath.wordpress.com/
- Dufferin Grove Park (Bloor & Dufferin) http://dufferinpark.ca/home/wiki/wiki.php