Here are some great videos and links.
- Identifying ash trees and Emerald Ash Borers (EABs), and how to tell if an ash tree is infected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfeIszMuUgk
- Problems with 3 types of trees and the importance of tree diversity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8STIVurpEo
- Silva cell (permeable pavement) systems for storm water management & great trees in built environments: http://www.deeproot.com/products/silva-cell/landing-page.html?_kk=landscape%20architecture%20firms&_kt=9cc60dd9-1c30-47da-9ec6-ca9e7ea6d46d&gclid=CKvhhqnThrQCFexAMgod3BoAXA
- Adopt a Tree Program: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bePnLLaA0B0&list=UUyJ2nF35xW9UdnzdDS2rjhA
Tree Inventory/Tree Mapping Links
- Toronto: You can enter tree info (e.g. Green Ash) here, to see where these trees are at Ryerson & can find out about the eco benefits (carbon capture, amount of shade, storm runoff prevention etc.): http://citytrees.ca
- NYC: Provides a way for people who want to adopt trees to find a tree to adopt & to earn points/badges as they go. http://stewardship.nycparks.org
Other Great Links!